St. Louis Bridge Center is #15 in ACBL Top Clubs!
The ACBL just released their listing of the Top 50 Clubs for 2013. Thanks to the efforts of our members, St. Louis Bridge Center was ranked #15 with 8,942.5 tables. This is a tremendous achievement for us in our first full year. This achievement is due entirely to our dedicated and supportive members. Thank you for supporting SLBC! Click here to see the full list.
Games for Beginners/Novices/Intermediates
Are you new to bridge? Or perhaps you have been playing for awhile but are still developing your skills? At SLBC we have games for all levels of newer players! Click here to learn more.
Game / Training Announcements
NEW 2nd SUNDAY AFTERNOON GAME - Hatchie is starting a new Open Pairs Game on the second Sunday each month at 2:00pm beginning August 10. For more information download the flyer.
ACBL BRIDGE TRAINING SERIES - St. Louis Bridge Center is proud to announce that we will be offering the complete ACBL Bridge Series program. This program was originally designed by world class educator, Audrey Grant. UPDATE - 2015 Classes Have Been Added! Click here to learn more.
TRY DUPLICATE WITH PHYLLIS - No stress, no pressure games for new players (0-20 Masterpoints). You can even ask for advice! For more information download the flyer.
EVENING GAME PROMOTION - For a limited time we are offering discounts on all of our evening games - Now only $7 for Members and $9 for Guests (regular prices are $9 and $11 respectively).
BRIDGE IN A DAY! - Phyllis Siegel continues to add new Bridge-in-a-Day sessions due to the overwhelmingly positive responses we have received from our students. This is a popular program designed by the ACBL to allow you the ability to learn to play the great game of bridge in just one day. For only $80 and one day of training you will be ready to begin playing bridge in our daily games. Click on the "Training & Education" link on the left to learn more.
Visiting Artist Series
We are pleased to showcase some great artwork by local artist Mary Dee Schmidt. Her artwork is currently on display at SLBC. Mary was awarded an art scholarship to college and has continued to pursue her love of art as watercolorist and painting instructor. She has taught on many levels: high school, junior college, Laumeier Sculpture Park and St. Louis Artist Guild.
For the past 25 years, she has been an instructor in plein air painting at the Missouri Botanical Garden and for 10 years led a class in the Rocky Mountains-Crested Butte, Colorado. She also offers private classes on site at many locations throughout the region.
Mary Dee’s commissions include watercolors of client’s homes, landscapes and floral designs. Her works are on display in many homes and businesses across the United States.
will have a number of their paintings on view at the Center throughout the summer. We hope you enjoy the exhibit!
Free Learning Opportunity - Post-Game Analysis
We are currently offering a Post-Game Analysis session after every Thursday morning game. This is a FREE benefit to SLBC members. One of our experienced players (“pro”) will be available after the game to spend about 15-30 minutes reviewing the hands that were played in the session. The attendees can ask questions about hands that were troublesome for them and/or the pro may have a couple of examples that he/she noted during the game. This is a tremendous opportunity to help players of all levels improve their game while the hands are still fresh in their minds. It is also another benefit of playing at SLBC.
SLBC Helps Fight Alzheimer's Disease
Thank you for making our LONGEST DAY EVENT an enormous success. Not only did our team raise awareness of the devastating disease of Alzheimers, but it also raised nearly $14,000 for the treatment of and research into this disease. Click here to read more.
Larry Cohen Seminar was a Huge Success!
Larry Cohen’s first appearance at St. Louis Bridge Center was a huge success. Over 125 players attended one or more of his seminars on “Slam Bidding”, “Avoiding Finesses”, and “Defense- Helping Partners/Signals.”
Before leaving, he donated three books to the Bridge Center’s library: To Bid Or Not To Bid, Following The Law, and Bidding Challenge. We look forward to his next visit to St. Louis.
Photo of the Month
Another great group of students in Phyllis Siegel's first "Bridge in a Day" class for 2015!
See more photos by selecting the "Photo Gallery" link on the left.
Important Upcoming Events
- February 24 - Club Membership Game at 10:00am. Higher masterpoint awards. No additional game fee.
- February 25 - Club Championship Game at 10:00am. Higher masterpoint awards. No additional game fee.
- February 25 - Unit Championship Game at 6:30pm. Higher masterpoint awards. No additional game fee.
- February 26 - Inter-Club Championship Game at 10:00am. Complete against players at clubs around the country. Higher masterpoint awards. No additional game fee.
- March 1 - Swiss Pairs Game at 1:00pm.
- March 6 - Club Championship Game at 10:00am. Higher masterpoint awards. No additional game fee.
- March 9 - Unit Championship Game at 10:00am. Higher masterpoint awards. No additional game fee.
- March 10 - Club Championship Game at 6:30pm. Higher masterpoint awards. No additional game fee.
- March 13 - Unit Championship Game at 10:00am. Higher masterpoint awards. No additional game fee.
- March 14 - Club Championship Game at 1:00pm. Higher masterpoint awards. No additional game fee.
- March 21 - Unit Championship Game at 6:00PM. Higher masterpoint awards. No additional game fee.
- March 22 - Bridge in a Day at 9:00am. Phyllis Siegel is offering the ACBL's Learn Bridge in a Day program from 9:00 to 4:00. This is a great opportunity to learn the game in just one day. Please click on the "Training and Education" link on the left for more information.
- March 23 - Club Membership Game at 10:00am. Higher masterpoint awards. No additional game fee.
- March 25 - Alzheimer's Charity Game 10:00am. Higher masterpoint awards. Help support ACBL charitable causes. $1.00 additional game fee.
- March 28 - 199er Tournament. Higher masterpoints award. The Center will still hold it's regular OPEN games on Saturday, but will not have it's regular 299er game.